Minutes - Archives
Stockholder's Meeting - Nov. 15, 2015 PDF  | Print |  E-mail

Riverview Improvement Association Stockholders Meeting

NOVEMBER 15, 2015 4:10 pm-38 Lippitt Ave

Present: Tony Caparco, Frank Ferri, Stephanie VanPatten, Bill Sears, Ray & Judy O'Brien, Steve Williams, Kevin & Kathy Eiseman, Brenda Smith, Pauline Genest, David Woisard, Desiree Schuler, George Welly, Sandra Corrente, Nancy Striuli, Martha Powers, Ron Amirault

MINUTES: Previous year's read- Desiree motion, Stephanie second. Passed

TREASURER'S REPORT: $48 K Investment Acct at Citizens, 9K Checking Acct, - Revenue & Exp in line with budget except for high landscaping expense. Written report distributed. Invoicing should be done for Membership - Frank will chair membership drive. Proposed budget same as last year. Motion to accept treas. report passed.

DISCUSSIONS:

Landscaping - Neighborhood will weed on Liippitt Ave. 3x spring, summer, fall - Find volunteers weed weekly.  Ron will meet with landscaper about end of season work- Will have landscaper continue to cut Cady & Mill Cove.  Can city do it? City not consistent.

Can we Resume Bus route on Tidewater

Welcome package for new neighbors

Sewers - We don't think it is fair to pay high assessment because we are the last to get sewers. We need to advocate for an equitable approach.

Kevin: Councilman Ladouceur would like to attend our meetings but they conflict with council meetings. Could we schedule a time he can attend?

PREDIDENT'S REPORT:

Dave Picozzi - On Friday Dave inspected damage, will determine temporay or full fix this year.

Charity- Elizabeth Buffam Chace $250 / Holiday Donations -PTA 2 families adopted Warwick Neck School- $125 gift cert Stop &

Shop ($250 Total), also gifts for children. St Marks $250 cash. Need to spend certain percentage of funds for charity.

* Will ask George S about legal requirement (* see addendum below).

Caroling Dec 19. Meet at Park 6pm - hosted by Dana & Catherine Monks.

NOMINATIONS FOR NEW STOCKHOLDERS:

Ed & Claudia Pacheco, Bernie DiMauro

motion Frank, second Stephanie

2016 CALENDAR:

JAN Pasta dinner Jan 9, 1pm Meadowbrook

March Easter Egg Hunt - March 26, 10am - Lippitt Park

APRIL Fundraiser Wine & Cheese - Frank & Tony

MAY Landscaping Lippitt Park by neighbors May 14, 9am

JUNE Yard Sale June 18- Nancy coordinating

JULY - Independence Day Parade-July 3

Beach Clean Up with Save the Bay TBD

SEPT Block Party Sept 11. 4pm Food Drive

OCT Halloween Parade & Hayride Oct 30, 4pm

NOV Stockholders Meeting Nov 13 - 4 pm Board meeting, 5pm Stockholders meeting

DEC Caroling - Date & Host TBD

Next Neighborhood Meeting - Jan 11, 7pm - 15 River Vue Ave (changed from Dec 14)

Meeting Adjourned 5:35pm - Submitted Frank Ferri Corres Sec

* Addendum: George Shuster - There is a rule for private foundations, requiring expenditure of at least 5% of the foundation's endowment on charitable purposes each year. While this rule does not likely apply to RVIA in a strict sense, it is likely a good benchmark for distribution of the relatively large RVIA funds base. If RVIA were saving its funds for some larger or longer-term purpose (for example, the repurchase of land for community use), that would be fine. But if RVIA has no other plans or purposes for its funds, it would seem appropriate to spend something like the 5% per year. Note that the 5% expenditure need not be a donation to some other charitable organization - expenditure on RVIA's own charitable purposes, such as neighborhood events, should also count toward the 5%.

 
Minutes - Oct. 19, 2015 PDF  | Print |  E-mail

RVIA Quarterly Meeting
October 19, 2015
7:05pm

In attendance: Pauline, Stephanie V., E Pacheco, Ron A, Nancy S, Bill, Frank, Kevin & Kathy, Catherine, Bernie, Linda & David

Treasurer's Report:  Mutual Funds Check & Savings 39K Investment 48K

Pauline received a thank you note from Elizabeth Buffum Chace for donations.

Halloween Parade & Hayride this Sunday 4pm. Permit was issued.

Catherine will help with collecting dues. $15 per household

Frank asked if someone could make a plywood sign to put up at bridge. Pauline volunteered.

Food drive, Please bring food items for St Mark's, Food drive will continue until week before Thanksgiving. Drop items off on porch 38 Lippitt Ave. (Frank & Tony's)

Mill Creek Bridge, Bridge looks great industrial guardrails are unsightly. Design was approved by our association several years ago.
Stephanie will call David Picozzi about installing Riverview Sign.

Seawall at Lippitt Ave, deteriorating quickly. City has not done anything as of this meeting. Pauline will call David Picozzi.

Xmas caroling, Saturday Dec 19. Hosted by Catherine & Dana Monks. Meet at Flag pole at end of Lippitt at 6pm.. Appetizers and beverages pot luck.
Please email back or text Catherine at 401-487-0054.

Stockholders Meeting . Sunday Nov 15 Frank & Tony's, 38 Lippitt Ave. 4:00 PM (UPDATE: Board Meeting for 3:30 PM previously announced has been CANCELLED).

Discussion about sewer project. Work being done on Tidewater is for Archeological survey to identify Native artifacts to determine where sewer pipes will be laid.

Adjourned 7:50pm

Minutes submitted by Frank Ferri

 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Page 1 of 18
RocketTheme Joomla Templates